Polymethacrylimide (PMI) foam is a cross-linked rigid structural foam material with a 100% closed-cell structure. Its uniform cross-linked cell wall structure gives it an outstanding and stable structure, and its mechanical properties are the strongest among existing foams of the same density.
Feature of Polymethacrylimide Foam
- Waterproof: 100% closed cell structure and isotropic.
- High-temperature resistance: PMI foam maintains stable performance in high temperature environments and has excellent high energy resistance. It can usually work at higher temperatures with a heat distortion temperature of 180~240°C.
- Chemical stability: PMI foam has good stability to many chemicals and is not susceptible to chemical attack.
- Thermal insulation: It has extremely low thermal conductivity and excellent thermal insulation properties.
- Compression resistance: The specific strength and specific modulus of PMI are higher than those of PU and PVC. It has good compression resistance and can still maintain structural stability when subjected to greater pressure.
- Easy to process: PMI foam is easy to process and can be made into products of various shapes and sizes through cutting, forming and other processing processes.
- Environmentally friendly: Free of Freon and halogen.
- Flame retardant: PMI has good fire resistance, and the smoke after combustion is very small and does not produce toxic substances.
- Compatibility: Good compatibility with various resin systems.
Product Size (Customization)
|Elongation At break||%||2.4||2.6||2.8||2.8||3.0|
Application Industry of Polymethacrylimide Foam
- Aerospace: PMI foam is often used to manufacture thermal insulation materials, aircraft seats, aircraft wings and fuselage components inside aircraft because it is lightweight and high-strength while maintaining stable performance in high-temperature environments.
- Transportation: It is widely used in internal and external structural materials for automobiles, high-speed rails, subways, light rails and other transportation vehicles.
- Refrigerated vehicles: Because PMI foam has excellent thermal insulation properties, it is often used to manufacture insulation panels for refrigerated vehicles to ensure that goods maintain a stable low temperature during transportation.
- Buildings: Insulation panels, roofs, walls, etc. It provides good thermal insulation properties and improves the energy efficiency of buildings.
- Ships: PMI foam is used in ship hulls, cabin partitions, etc. It has good corrosion resistance in seawater environments.
- Medical equipment: Due to its good chemical stability, it can be used as thermal insulation material for medical equipment to ensure the stable operation of the equipment in special environments.
- Other fields: It is also used in model making, sports equipment, product packaging and other fields.
- We provide high-precision CNC machining services for complex geometries.
- TOPOLO offers PMI foam core sandwich panels with fiberglass, aluminum, carbon fiber, stainless steel, and HPL skins.
PMI Foam Core Sandwich Panels
Closed-cell rigid polymethacrylimide foam is compatible with other material systems through adhesives. TOPOLO has developed composite panels using it as core material. The performance of this composite panel far exceeds that of other foam systems (XPS, PU, PET, PVC, etc.) as the core material, its overall performance is stable, and it is widely used in products that require high-temperature resistance.