Fiber-reinforced thermoplastic unidirectional prepreg tapes (referred to as UD tapes). It is a composite of unidirectional fibers parallel to each other and molten thermoplastic resin (PE, PP, PA, etc.) after impregnation. It is lightweight and impacts resistant Excellent characteristics.
Features of Thermoplastic Unidirectional Fiberglass Prepreg Tapes
- Short fiber reinforced thermoplastic material: fiber length <1MM.
- Long fiber reinforced thermoplastic material: fiber length 1 ~ 25MM.
- Continuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics: Length consistent with final product dimensions
Thermoplastic UD Tapes Processing
The melt impregnation method is currently the most widely used and industrialized method for manufacturing unidirectional belts. The process of the melt impregnation method is that the continuous fibers are fully impregnated with the molten thermoplastic resin through the process of yarn laying and yarn spreading, and through the impregnation mechanism.
Prepreg unidirectional tapes are widely used in shoes, rowing oars, bicycles, sports tools, honeycomb skin, truck fairing, truck skirts, RTP pipes(HDPE), auto spare parts, etc.
Lightweight Solution Expert – TOPOLO
Continuous Fiberglass Reinforced Thermoplastic Prepreg Tape Manufacturer in China
The performance of continuous fiber-reinforced thermoplastic composites is very excellent. The longer the fiber length, the better the mechanical properties. Its specific strength can be more than 10 times that of ordinary steel. The higher the specific strength, the lighter the material used to achieve the corresponding strength. , so the continuous fiber-reinforced thermoplastic composite material can realize the real sense of replacing steel with plastic and lightweight applications.
- Good fiber dispersion: The glass fiber is dispersed individually in the resin, which overcomes the problem of thermoplastic fiber dispersion.
- Customized production: using melting process to meet different special performance requirements.
- Mass production: In mass production, the production cost is relatively low, and the quality is stable and reliable.
|Base Resin||Polypropylene(PP); Polyethylene(PE); Polyamide(PA)|
|Glass Fiber Content||55～65%|
|Other Properties||Flame retardant, anti-UV, etc.|