PMI (polymethacrylimide) foam sandwich panel is a new type of composite material developed by TOPOLO. It has diverse performance characteristics, has the advantages of other foam (XPS, PU, PET, PVC, etc.) systems and makes up for their shortcomings. In general, it has a series of excellent properties such as high-temperature resistance, lightweight, waterproof, thermal insulation, and high strength.
|Item||PMI Foam Sandwich Panels|
|Skin Material||FRP Sheet, CFRT Sheet, Aluminum Sheet, HPL Sheet, Stainless Steel, Galvanized steel, etc|
|Core Material||Polymethacrylimide Core (Density(30~200Kg/m³)|
|Total Thickness||5~120mm (Customization)|
Polymethacrylimide (PMI) foam is a cross-linked rigid structural foam material with a 100% closed-cell structure. Its uniform cross-linked cell wall structure gives it an outstanding and stable structure, and its mechanical properties are the strongest among existing foams of the same density. Its most notable feature is its extremely high-temperature resistance, with a heat distortion temperature of 180~240°C. And very low compressive creep, usually below 2%.
PMI foam can be fused with other material systems through adhesives. These skin materials are diverse. Usually, the skin materials provided by TOPOLO include FRP (glass fiber reinforced plastic), CFRT (continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastic) , aluminum, carbon fiber, stainless steel, galvanized steel, HPL(high-pressure laminate), PVC board and other existing materials that can be used as surface support.
- FRP provides a smooth and flat surface, and it is easy to repair.
- CFRT (Continuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic) provides an outer protective layer that is lighter weight and resistant to compression and flexural strength.
- Galvanized steel, aluzinc steel, PPGI, PPGL. The steel exterior skin provides solid structural support.
- Aluminum alloy provides more stable weather resistance, can adapt to various outdoor weather, and has a long service life.
- Carbon fiber has excellent mechanical properties, high tensile strength, and resistance to acid and alkali corrosion.
- HPL has rich surface colors and textures and is easy to cut and process.
You can customize your skin material or choose one of our recommended skin materials. To learn more, please contact us.
Applications of PMI Foam Sandwich Panels
PMI foam core sandwich panels are often used to replace other existing foam sandwich panels that cannot withstand high-temperature working environments. They are widely used in aviation, vehicles, RVs, ships, medical equipment, buildings, interiors, etc. that need to withstand high temperatures and pressures.