Lightweight Sandwich Panels
More and more industrial fields are paying attention to lightweight sandwich panels, including automobile manufacturing, shipbuilding, aerospace, rail transportation and other fields. Material lightweighting is an effective way to improve product performance. It not only reduces the weight of the material itself, but also maintains its performance.
What benefits can lightweighting bring?
- Reduce transportation costs: In the field of transportation, lightweighting can reduce the weight of vehicles, ships, and aircraft, thereby reducing fuel consumption, improving transportation efficiency, and reducing transportation costs.
- Environmental protection: Since lightweighting can reduce the demand for resources and reduce carbon emissions, it helps to reduce the environmental impact of finished products during production, application, maintenance, and recycling.
- Higher performance: Lightweight materials often have higher strength and stiffness, which can improve the performance of the product.
- Higher load capacity: The use of lightweight materials can improve the payload capacity of aircraft, ships and other vehicles and improve their application efficiency.
- Longer service life: Lightweight designs also often reduce stress between components, helping to extend the life of the product.
What lightweight sandwich panels do we offer?
The use of plastics to replace traditional wood and metal materials is the first choice for lightweighting. Among them, foam and honeycomb are the representative materials. TOPOLO has developed a series of foam core and PP honeycomb core FRP sandwich panels, which are widely used in various industries.
Foam Core Sandwich Panels
- Skin material:
- Core material:
XPS (polystyrene); PET (Polyethylene terephthalate); PU (polyurethane);PVC (polyvinyl chloride); PMI (polymethacrylimide), etc.
Honeycomb Core Sandwich Panels
- Skin material:
- Core material:
PP (polypropylene) honeycomb.
Lightweight skin material
FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic). FRP is a composite material composed of fiber reinforced materials and plastic matrix. This material combines the high strength and stiffness of fiberglass with the corrosion and wear resistance of a plastic matrix. In addition to traditional thermosetting matrix FRP sheets, TOPOLO has developed a new thermoplastic matrix glass fiber reinforced sheet – CFRT (Continuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic), which has higher strength and rigidity as well as better cost performance.
Lightweight PP honeycomb core
PP (Polypropylene) honeycomb core has the advantages of light weight, high strength, environmental protection, waterproof and moisture-proof and corrosion resistance, and also has excellent bending performance, longitudinal stiffness and compressive strength. It is a sandwich structure material with stable performance.
Lightweight foam core
Usually rigid XPS, PU, PET, PVC, PMI, EPS and other structural foams are used. The common characteristics of these foams are low density, low water absorption, corrosion resistance, stable structure and long service life.
Application of Lightweight Sandwich Panels
Using lightweight sandwich panels for the wall panels, roof panels, and floors of the RV box can not only reduce its weight, but also improve its appearance.
The application of lightweight composite panels on refrigerated trucks and dry cargo trucks can effectively increase their loading capacity and reduce fuel consumption.
Using lightweight composite panels to build yachts, cruise ships, fishing boats and other boats can simplify the construction process and reduce building costs.
Extensive use of lightweight materials on subways, high-speed rails, and buses can provide passengers with a more comfortable environment.
Lightweight materials are widely used in portable sports products such as pickleball rackets, table tennis tabletops, basketball backboards, etc.
Container houses, mobile cold storage, mobile toilets, mobile charging vehicles, roadblocks, portable, solar back panels, stages, etc.
Customize your lightweight sandwich panels
TOPOLO provides lightweight solutions for your project. Based on the detailed information of your project, we develop a composite panel design that meets the local economic development level, climate environment, and customs. The advanced equipment in our factory can produce these products in large quantities and quickly.