What is CFRT Sheet?
CFRT Sheet is a new type of thermoplastic FRP sheet, which is laminated by multiple layers of continuous fiber-reinforced unidirectional tapes. It has good toughness, high strength, and high impact damage tolerance, and can be stored at room temperature for a long time. CFRT sheets are characterized by a flexible design with a choice of fiber type, fiber content and fiber orientation to meet special requirements. The lightweight and high strength of CFRT material, low thickness, plus beautiful appearance, is a breakthrough in the boundaries of traditional metal and plastic materials. Products made of CFRT materials can be recycled at the end of their useful life, and it is a model for sustainable materials.
Beyond Ordinary FRP
Generally, thermoplastic composite materials use woven cloth, glass fiber mat, GMT and other discontinuous fibers to enhance the effect. CFRT materials ensure the continuity of fibers during production, and still maintain their continuity in molded products. This results in a product with properties that surpass traditional materials, with a lighter specific gravity and higher strength at the same time.
CFRT can be used as a basic material. After analyzing the complex products through the application program, CFRT can be flexibly changed by different laying designs to change the local or overall structure, so that the material can exert the highest performance value.
The thickness of a single sheet formed by efficient continuous roll pressing is less than 3mm. The thickness of the multi-layer hot-pressed sheet is more than 3mm.
|Laminated Material||Continuous Fiberglass Prepreg Unidirectional Tape (UD Tapes)|
|Resin System||Polyethylene (PE);|
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC);
Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) (PTFE);
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET);
|Cross-ply Angle||0°/90°, 45°/45°|
|Surface Film||PVC, PET, PP film|
CFRT Sheet Raw Materials – UD Tapes
- Resins: PP, PET, PA, PC, PPS, PE,etc.
- Fibers: Continuous fiberglass yarn.
- Additives: Antioxidant, UV stabilizer, Flame retardant agent, Custom color.
Structure of CFRT Laminate Sheet
The number of layers of the CFRT sheet is determined according to the requirements, generally 2~9 layers, up to 40 layers, the more layers, the higher the strength. The cross-ply angle is generally 0°/ 90°, or 45°/ 45°.
CFRT Sheets VS Thermoset FRP Sheets
- Continuous fibers provide much more strength and stiffness.
- Excellent impact resistance and shear performance.
- Lightweight: 35% lighter than GRP sheets.
- Strong tenacity: 100% more than GRP sheets.
- Low cost: 20% lower than the cost of GRP sheets.
- Thermal insulated and corrosion-resistant.
- Easy processing and assembling.
- Non-poisonous and odorless.
- 100% recyclable.
Applications of CFRT Sheets
- CFRT sheets are used as skin materials for refrigerated or dry freight trucks.
- The use of CFRT sheets as body skins on RVs is stronger and more durable than ordinary thermosetting FRP.
- Use CFRT as the outer protective layer of the building.
Rail & Subway
- The use of CFRT on floors, wall panels, and ceilings on transportation objects can bring more lightweight experience.
- Using CFRT materials as drag-reducing materials can not only effectively reduce energy consumption, but also increase safety protection for vehicles.
- CFRT can greatly increase the strength of rackets, skis, sleds, surfboards, diving boards, and paddles while reducing weight.
Ships and Yachts
- The buildings on board use a large number of CFRT composite panels as construction materials.
- The furniture made of CFRT materials is more beautiful and concise.
CFRT Composites Panels
The foam panel is not only lightweight and high in strength but also has a good thermal insulation effect.
The honeycomb panel not only has a lighter and stronger bearing capacity but also has better impact resistance.
Instead of traditional wood or metal building formwork, it is not deformed and can be recycled many times.
TOPOLO CFRT Materials
With its newly developed continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastic technology, TOPOLO has attracted interest from several market segments including the electrical industry, automotive, medical, sports shoes and consumer goods. We also produce T-UD series uni-directional reinforced tapes and T-PC series thermoplastic composite sheets at our production site in Shanghai. We believe the new material can truly bring value to next-generation products across industries by delivering a combination of lightweight construction, specific strengths, and finishes at a scale unreachable for today’s existing materials.