FRP (GRP) sheet laminated XPS foam sandwich panel is one of the most popular thermal insulation composite panels. This composite panel has many advantages such as lightweight and high strength, thermal insulation, waterproof and moisture-proof, flame retardant, and long service life.
FRP & XPS
Before understanding this composite panel, let’s first understand what is FRP sheet and XPS foam.
- FRP is the abbreviation of fiberglass-reinforced plastic, which is a composite material of fiberglass and resin.
- XPS, short for extruded polystyrene foam board, is a low-density insulation material.
- FRP Material: thermosetting FRP (0.7~5.0mm), thermoplastic FRP (0.4~2.0mm)
- Core Material: 35~50kg/m³ XPS (extruded polystyrene) foam.
- Maximum Width: 3.2m
- Maximum Length: 12m
- Thickness: 10~150mm
The upper and lower layers of the composite panel are FRP sheets, and the middle layer is extruded polystyrene foam board. They are laminated with glue in a press into a one-piece panel.
How to choose FRP sheet?
We offer two types of FRP, Thermoset FRP and Thermoplastic FRP (we call it CFRT, which stands for Continuous Fiberglass Reinforced Thermoplastic), which have different physical and chemical properties.
FRP faced XPS composite panels are widely used in caravans, refrigerated vehicles, mobile homes, temporary buildings, and yachts. Used as wall panels, floors, roof panels, partitions, door panels, etc.
Features of FRP Foam Composite Panel in TOPOLO
Flat and Smooth: The surface of the FRP is flat and smooth, without dirty spots, and there are no obvious marks on the surface of the seams of the foam boards.
No Delamination: FRP and XPS foams are closely bonded and extremely difficult to delaminate.
Stable Performance: It can withstand a high temperature of up to 80°C without deformation, and a low temperature of -40°C without embrittlement.
- Add flame retardants and anti-aging agents to increase the safety and service life of the composite panel.
- For some FRP XPS composite panels that need to increase strength, reinforced structural materials such as timber, aluminum tubes, FRP tubes, high-strength plastic bars, etc. will be embedded inside.
- CNC processing service: cutting, drilling and grinding of composite panels according to drawings.
To learn more about XPS composite panels, Click Here!