PU (polyurethane) foam is a kind of closed-cell foam with extreme thermal conductivity. Its thermal conductivity is between 0.017 and 0.027 W/m.k, so it is often used as thermal insulation material. The thermal conductivity of FRP is generally 04 W/m.k, and it has good waterproof performance and high strength, so FRP laminated PU foam core composite panel is the most popular thermal insulation composite material.
Most FRP laminated PU composite panels have a typical sandwich structure: the upper and lower layers are FRP sheets, and the middle layer is a PU foam core. TOPOLO uses vacuum compression technology to produce FRP foam core composite panels, the air between FRP and PU is eliminated, and the bond is tighter. The surface of the panel is also smoother, which cannot be achieved by hand-pressed composite panels.
FRP laminated PU foam composite panels are most widely used in the thermal insulation industry, such as refrigerated trucks, refrigerated trailers, mobile cold rooms, and RVs that require thermal insulation.
- Types of FRP: Thermoset FRP; Thermoplastic FRP (CFRT).
- Core Material: 28~50 kg/m³ polyurethane foam.
- Composite Method: adhesive.
- Maximum Length: 12m.
- Maximum Width: 3.2m.
- Thickness: 10~150mm (can be customized).
Types of FRP Sheets
TOPOLO mainly uses two different types of FRP as the skin material of the composite panel: thermosetting FRP and thermoplastic FRP (CFRT-Continuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic). They have their own characteristics and performance. In general, thermoset FRP has better corrosion resistance and a smoother surface, while thermoplastic FRP has better heat resistance and better toughness.
Processing of FRP PU Foam Composite Panels
Embedded reinforced structural materials
- In order to enhance the strength of the composite panel and meet some special application requirements, reinforced structural materials such as timbers, aluminum tubes, steel pipes, and FRP components are embedded inside.
Composite Other Materials
- FPP PU foam core composite panel is not just a sandwich structure (the upper and lower layers are FRP, and the middle is PU foam). Sometimes other materials such as aluminum, other foam, plywood, etc. need to be added for application requirements.
- One-stop high-speed and accurate cutting, drilling and grinding of composite panels. It saves a lot of post-processing time for customers.